Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pink Champagne Cupcakes


Before I discovered the slimming effects of black, I was a pink to the heart kinda girl. My mom would joke that my entire closet, bedroom, locker and car were as pink as one could get. I even remember piling all the stuff I was hauling up to college for my dorm in our living room and only 3 items weren't pink; the totes (they were my mom's and coming home), my textbooks and my toothpaste! You can imagine how excited my husband was when we merged our belongings for our first apartment!

Anyways, with Spring in full force, I have seen all kinds of adorable pink desserts that just scream, "Make me!" Far be it from me to deny them this honor. I made these cupcakes for class treats and was a little worried about bring Champagne to class. Yes I know, we are all of legal drinking age, but I didn't want to be that crazy girl bringing alcohol to class! Luckily everything turned out good and they were well received! These make great little Easter treats as well with the pastel pink!


Pink Champagne Cupcakes
Source: Betty Crockers, "Cupcakes, cakes, and more" pg. 36

Ingredients
For the cupcakes:
1 box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
1 1/4 c champagne (cheap will do, I think my bottle was $5 or so)
1/3 c vegetable oil
3 egg whites
4 or 5 drops red food coloring (I used a little pink Wilton color gel)

Champagne Frosting
1/2 c softened butter or margarine
4 c powdered sugar
1/4 c champagne
1 teaspoon vanilla
4-5 drops red food coloring (or pink color gel)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking liners into 24 regular sized muffin cups.
In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs and food color. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

In a medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium spread until smooth. Frost cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment