- This past week was fully of craziness as my partner and I finally got our scholarly project/thesis signed off on, printed and sent for binding! Honestly, what a weight off my shoulders as I had been dreading that project since I began the Occupational Therapy Program!
- Also, last Friday I turned in the final two papers of my college career! I am officially done with assignments and just need to walk across that stage on May 15th! Whoo hoo!!!
- This past weekend I hosted breakfast for several of my classmates as we celebrated "Springfest." Springfest is an annual tradition at our university which consists of a party in the park. My bestie and her BF came up for the event and we had one last hoorah as irresponsible college students!
- This week will be spent getting all my documents signed off on so I can apply for my temporary occupational therapy license! I accepted a position at our local hospital and will begin June 7th! I cannot wait to have a job after 5 years of schooling!
- Also, I am hosting my graduation party this Saturday and am excited for some family members to come and celebrate this long awaited day with me! One of my besties and I are planning on making cupcakes for dessert and are making extras for favors! So cooking prayers will be needed!
- Finally, I will be studying for my boards over these next couple weeks so I am hoping to put my full attention towards those which may mean that my blog posts will be a little scarce! But please, hang in there with me and I hope to be back in full force during June when life, hopefully, mellows out!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Long time no see, huh? I promise I have been busy baking but I also have a bit of other life events on the burner as well, hence the lack of blog posts! Just wanted to give an update and a promise that I will return...because really, your life felt incomplete without my posts right?
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Awww...cheesecake. I feel that nothing can make a busy week of homework, presentations and papers better than cheesecake. I also continue to build my love for cupcakes. There are so many varieties that I have barely touched the surface but boy, am I excited to explore!
These were very tasty and I loved the cherry topping! They start off with such a simple elements but combined it's incredible! Plus...aren't they cute as sin! They just scream summer to me.
Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Source: Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 c sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 package plain yellow cake mix
1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 c whole milk
2/3 c vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
24 vanilla wafers
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners
Prepare the filling: Place cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer on a low speed until the cream cheese has softened. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla and continue to beat on low until the ingredients comes together. Set the filling aside.
Prepare the cupcake batter: Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and almond extract in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides.
Place 1 vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Spoon cupcake batter on top of each vanilla wafer until about 2/3 full. Gently dollop a heaping teaspoon of filling on top of each cupcake. The cup will be very full. Do not shake the pans. Place in oven.
Bake cupcakes until they are golden and spring back when touched, 18-20 minutes. Remove pans from oven and cool on a wire rack. Lift cupcakes from pans and place on wire rack to cool.
Dollop a generous amount of cherry filling on top of each cupcake when ready to be served.