Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Brulee


Strawberries are my favorite fruit so anytime I can incorporate it into a recipe I am in love. I have also been trying to try some new breakfast recipes that aren't as heavy as a casserole. This oatmeal brulee was the perfect dish both because it was light and I got to use the kitchen torch the hubs gave me for Valentine's Day!
I thought this oatmeal was very good but it defiantly taste like original oatmeal. I am more of a maple and brown sugar kind of gal. So next time, I think I will try adding more brown sugar to bring out the taste.

Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Brulee
Source: Annie's Eats

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Swirl of honey
1 banana, sliced thin
6-8 strawberries, sliced thin
Granulated sugar

Directions:
Combine water and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the oats and reduce to medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally and allow liquid to become mostly absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey.
Divide oatmeal between serving bowls. Top with sliced bananas and strawberries in an even layer. Sprinkle the sliced fruit with granulate sugar in thin layer. Heat with a kitchen torch until the surfaces are golden brown. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've never cooked Oatmeal this way, I could try as I have some leftover oat (I made some oat cookies)! LOL Manu

    ReplyDelete