Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups


Since the moment I laid eyes on these, I just knew I had to make them! We love breakfast foods but hate the mess and time required to use the electric skillet to make bacon, eggs and then toast. These little devils only dirty 1 fry pan (or I used my large soup pot to decrease the splatter) and a muffin tin. It was some of the easiest clean up I have ever done. When I saw this recipe I thought, "Yeah, I can probably screw it up," because I have been having quite a time with recipes lately. But guess what? I didn't and am so excited to make them again. I really can't explain how easy these were and how great they tasted! Plus, I think they are cute as sin!

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups

Ingredients
6 slices of bacon
6 slices of bread
shredded cheese
6 eggs
salt and pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 6 wells of a muffin pay with nonstick spray.
Cook bacon via your preferable method. Leave the bacon slightly undercooked as it needs to be bendable and will finish in the oven. Dab dry the grease after bacon is cooked on a plate of paper towels.
Cut out 6 circular rounds using either a 3 inch cookie cutter or the top of a glass. Place bread in muffin wells.
Wrap bacon around outside of muffin wells.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
One at a time, crack eggs over another bowl discarding half of the egg whites. Place yolk and other half of whites on top of shredded cheese. Be careful not to break the yolks!
Bake until eggs are cooked thoroughly or to your liking (6-10 minutes for runny and a little longer for hardened yolks) and bacon is crispy.
Run knife around edges and use another knife or fork to ease cups out of the muffin wells.
Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!

1 comment: