Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Pesto Penne


Since the hubs has been working out of town lately, I have been left with just little ole me to feed. It barely seems worth cooking for. However, the other night while I was rummaging through the cupboards, I came across my penne noodles and they just screamed, "EAT ME." So, I did and I loved it. This is my own little creation of ingredients I had in my kitchen. I think this would be great with some garden tomatoes or black olives as well. This makes two servings.

Pesto Penne
Source: Mrs. O

Ingredients
6 ounces penne noodles
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp pesto
1 tsp minced garlic
a sprinkle of shredded Italian blend cheese to garnish

Directions
Prepare penne as directed on the box. Drain. Place noodles in a medium bowl, stir in pesto, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Stir until evenly distributed. Lay shredded cheese over warm noodles. Allow to slightly melt or place in microwave for 10-15 seconds. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment