Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Parmesan Rolls 2 ways


Bite sized food is one of the greatest things in my opinion. It makes me feel like I am getting more and I can savor the taste. I have also been looking for foods that I can add my homemade Pesto to and these were great! I made pesto ones for myself, as I think the hubs is scared by 'green' things ;) and garlic butter mozzarella ones for the hubs. This is also a very easy appetizer that looks like it was more work than it was. We used the left over Beer and Cheddar Pretzel dip but I ate most of mine plan because they were that good alone!

Parmesan Rolls 2 ways

Adapted from Sandra Lee's Weeknight Wonders cookbook


1 roll (11 ounce) refrigerated bread stick dough, Pillsbury
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese


Variation 1: Garlic Butter Mozzarella
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon garlic spread concentrate, Lowery's (I didn't have any the first time I made these and used garlic salt, they turned out just as good)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Variation 2: Pesto
2 tablespoons prepared Pesto

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Separate bread sticks

2. For Variation 1, in a small bowl, combine butter, garlic concentrate and cheese. Spread filling on individual bread sticks. For variation 2, apply pesto to bread stick. Roll up bread sticks and place in the prepared pan. Using a pastry brush, brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment