Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes


Every word of that title makes me go yummmmmm! And yes, the m's are drawn out like that. For Christmas this year, I requested cupcake decorating supplies. Well leave it to my mom to not just buy something simple and basic. In my gift from 'santa' there was Wilton Master Tip set, disposable frosting bags, adorable 'fashion' cupcake liners and the mother of all cupcake cook books by the one and only Mrs. Martha. My mom had set me up for success. Therefore, ever since Christmas morning I had been dying to make these cupcakes. However, I know my ability to resist cupcakes and cheesecake AND oreos, so I waited until I knew I was getting together with friends so I could pawn some off on them! So far the reviews have been great and I am quite a fan myself.

Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes

Source: Martha Stewart Cupcakes

Ingredients

42 Oreos- 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped (I used 6 chopped cookies as I only bought 1 package of oreos and wanted to have enough bases. The 6 suited the recipe just fine. I still ran out of bases as this recipe made 36 cheesecakes for me.
2 pounds cream cheese at room temperature (yikes, I know, that's alot of cream cheese)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
3. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
4. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined.
5. Beat in vanilla.
6. Drizzle in eggs.
7. Add in sour cream and salt.
8. Mix in crushed cookies by hand.
9.Divide batter among cookie filled cups, filling each almost to the top.
10. Place in oven, rotating half way through, for 22 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Place in refrigerator (in tins) at least 4 hours. Remove from tins right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment