Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Cookies in a box

This by no means constitutes a 'homemade' recipe but I'm going to take the viewpoint of enlightening others of the best boxed cookies available. My initial thought of having my sister visit for a couple days was, "How the heck am I going to occupy a 12 year old?" I made these Krusteaz cookies last year (found at Target)and really liked the taste and simplicity. Also, it was mostly fool proof and didn't want the struggle of attempting royal icing with E (the sis) when it would be my first attempt as well. The results were pretty tasty and the appearance...well...from far away...you get the point.

The beauty of these cookies was that everything came in the box, cookie cutters, dough, icing, sprinkles and food colorings. Below is a quick outline of our work. We sure had fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment