Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Crock Pot Asian BBQ Chicken Wings


I have been attempting to add more protein to our diets. The hubs and I have a tendency to fill up on carbs and leave out the meat. I have also been craving chicken wings lately which is not typical for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the taste but unless your my dad and are willing to put forth the work and time it takes to 'pick the bones clean,' it just doesn't seem worth it. But these amazing wings were perfect! A slight change to your typical BBQ wings and the meat literally fell off the wings when I was serving them! That's a serious plus to me.

Please excuse the picture, with an anxious hubby standing over my shoulder, I forgot to take a picture until I had poured the ranch and the sauce had ran. Oh well, don't say I didn't warn you because I meant when I said looks are deceiving.
Crock Pot Asian BBQ Chicken Wings
Ingredients:
3-4 lbs of chicken wings
1/2 bottle of barbecue sauce
3-4 tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
Salt
Pepper
Sesame seeds
Directions:
1- Wash and place chicken in the crock pot. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
2- Add the barbecue sauce and soy sauce.
3- Cook on low 6 hours.
4- Remove from the crock pot using tongs or a small spatula, discard the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

1 comment: