Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Oreo Fudge Bars


In case you haven't noticed a trend, I am in love with pretty much anything Oreo. I loved them before when it was just the cookies, milk and me but now since I have increased my cooking, so has my awareness of the millions of possibilities with Oreo's. This recipe looked great and thought it would be a nice little change to all the cupcakes I have been making. It's true...these were great but let me warn you, they are very rich and only a small piece is needed to avoid a sugar coma. I think a tall glass of milk or a scoop of ice cream would be a perfect mix with these.

Oreo Fudge Bars
Source: StephanieCooks
Ingredients:
1 16oz package of Oreo cookies
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (I used another 1/2 cup of semi-sweet)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 323
Line a 9x13 in pain with foil and spray with PAM.
Set aside 6 Oreo cookies for the toppings.
In a food processor grind the rest of the cookies. Feel free to use the rolling pin method if you do not have a food processor.
Add salt to the crumbs and stir to combine.
Melt butter and gently stir together with cookie crumb mixture.
Press firmly into bottom of the pan.
Coarsely chop the remaining cookies into chunks and set aside.
Over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt 3/4 cup semi sweet and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips together with the condensed milk and vanilla.
Stir until smooth.
Spread evenly over cookie crust.
Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and the Oreo cookies chunks over the top of the filling. Press down gently into the chocolate topping.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.
Allow to cool on counter for 1 hour. Chill in fridge until completely cold and set before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment