Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vodka Punch


I have been MIA for the past week due to crazy-ness with school and a spur of the moment decision to head to our hometown after hearing of a family friends house burning down. I do have several recipes ready to be written over this next week so hopefully I will be MIA, no more!
On a more positive note, FOOD! I have to once again apologize for a bad picture but this punch was taken to a party with my classmates so I didn't get to stir and pour before we left. Don't worry though, I had my fair share at the party and it was amazing! This recipe originated from my best friend Jenna's mother who knows how to make a good drink. This was such an easy recipe and tasted like heaven.

Vodka Punch
Source: Jenna's mom, a.k.a. Shelia

1 can frozen orange juice concentrate-thawed
1 can frozen pink lemonade concentrate- thawed
48 oz cranberry juice
1 packet of cranberry jello
2 cups water
1 liter vodka- cranberry flavored was good but plain works just as good
2 liter bottle of red berry 7-up
Find a large bowl.
Combine 2 cans on concentrate, cranberry juice and vodka. Prepare jello as instructed on the box but do not let harden. Pour hot, liquid Jello mixture into bowl. Stir completely. Let freeze for at least 24 hours, in a snowbank if you have one ;)
To serve: Pour glass 3/4 full of slush and fill to top with 7-up. Enjoy with caution!


No comments:

Post a Comment