Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Peach Crunch Cake

Believe it or not, I can control myself around chocolate. Yes, I think it is one of God's gifts to man but it is also something that I can take a couple bites of a set aside. Now fruit desserts on the other hand, are a major weak spot. One of my all time favorite desserts, besides cheesecake of course, is my Grandma L's apple bars! Amazing! A pan of those little devils never last long. The other day I had a mouth watering craving for a fruit dessert and came across Bakerella's recipe for Peach Crunch cake. I made it, ate it, gave some away and polished off the dish by the weekend. Ouch! Like I said, bars, cookies and cakes can get stale but I planed my day around when I would get to have another piece of this amazing treat. I anticipate myself making this several more times and probably for a couple pot lucks...served warm...oh my goodness, I am struggling not to make this again right now!
Enjoy, I dare to say that you will not regret making this!


Peach Crunch Cake
Source: Bakerella

Ingredients:
24.5 ounce jar of sliced peaches in light syrup (The jar I found was a little bigger and used it all. Still good)
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter (1 stick) cut into tablespoons or smaller
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place ingredient in a 9x13 and layer ingredients in order as listed above, starting with the peaches.
Cook for 40 minutes
Can serve warm or cold and with or without ice cream. But believe me, warm with ice cream...ahhh...did you hear my stomach growl?

No comments:

Post a Comment