Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls


So, I picked up a tub of Ricotta cheese. Then I didn't know what to do with it. It was almost like a Christmas miracle that this recipe came across my google reader because it was delicious. A warning though, it truly is a cheese filled delight and 1 will, more than likely, be plenty for a hungry adult. I followed the recipe exactly except the hubs is afraid of eating anything green so I left the spinach out. If I made it again, I would add it because I feel that it would break up the immense cheese flavor! I reduced the recipe by half for the two of us and that is the recipe I am posting below.

Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls
Source: JennandFood

Ingredients:
Rolls
6oz. chicken breast, poached and shredded
6 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
6 lasagna noodles, cooked according to the package

Sauce
4 tablespoons
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
shake of dried oregano

Grease 8x8 in pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl combine the chicken, ricotta and Parmesan cheese. Spread the mixture down the center of each noodle, leaving an inch and a half at each end. Roll each noodle and place in pan.

For the sauce, melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Whisk in the cream and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, garlic and oregano.

Pour the sauce over each noodle. Top with the 2 oz. of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment