Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Crock Pot Taco Soup


The hubs has been working out of town during the week and with my crazy school schedule, I have found myself rarely making time for supper or having anything more substantial than cereal. I took this as a time to make something for myself, something that he wouldn't normally eat. The recipe I decided on was Crock Pot Taco Soup and I'm pretty dang glad I did. I was quite happy with the way this turned out and I couldn't have asked for an easier recipe.

Crock Pot Taco Soup
Source: Adapted from AYearOfSlowCooking

Ingredients:
2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of pinto beans
2 cans of corn
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can tomatoes and chile's
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch dressing mix
1 lb browned ground hamburger
1/4 tsp garlic salt
shredded cheese, sour cream and black olives to garnish

Directions:
1) Brown meat, drain fat and pour into crock pot
2) Sprinkle seasoning packets and garlic salt on top of meat
3) Drain and rinse the beans and add
4) Add the entire contents of the corn and tomato cans
5) Stir, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment