Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mini Ham and Cheese sandwiches


These were pretty dang tasty. Initially, I was intimidated to try these little devils but when I was planning our weekly menu last week, I decided to take the plunge. However, when I returned from the store and was looking at 24 buns, I realized that it was WAY to much for the hubs and I. Sounds like party time to me, right? So, I decided to serve this as girls night and they were great. I was unable to find the Hawaiian rolls and had to go with some larger buns, so I can only imagine how amazing they would be with the smaller bun! I think the marinade would soak in even better and really soften the whole bun.

Mini Ham and Cheese sandwiches
Ingredients:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 1/2 tbsp grated dried onions
1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey mustard
2 (12 ounce) packages Hawaiian rolls
1 pound cooked ham slices
12 ounces sliced swiss cheese

Directions:
In saucepan, mix butter, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce and mustard, stir until blended and melted. Pour 1/2 of mixture into bottom of baking dish.

Place ham and cheese onto sandwiches. Arrange rolls in single layer in baking dish, spreading them around to soak up the sauce in pan. Pour rest of sauce over tops of sandwiches, cover dish and refrigerate up to 24 hours for sauce to soak in.

Preheat oven in 350 degrees, bake rolls for 10-12 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment