Red Velvet Cake Balls
Adapted from Bakerella
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
- 1 package white almond bark (regular or white chocolate)
- wax paper
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (I mixed it in my stand mixer and it came out perfect without any mess.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (If dough is having trouble staying together put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. Should make 45-50. )
4. Chill for several hours in the fridge or freezer if you are in a time crunch.
5. Melt almond bark in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in almond bark and lay flat on wax paper until firm. I used 2 forks to cradle the ball to avoid prong marks from the forks and to ensure easy release from utensils.