Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Heath Bits Cheesecake


I have always been a HUGE fan of cheesecake and it's thick, rich goodness. My mom and I have been known to drool over cheesecake and we even have a routine of the proper way to savor cheesecake. Now, I have tried to teach the hubbs this important sequence of events but he doesn't quite get it. He doesn't 'appreciate' the cheesecake. Poor men, they miss all the important things in life.

However, I have been intimidated of making my own cheesecake because of the crust. I don't care for the idea of crushing up cookies, adding butter and hoping it all holds together. But I got an amazing Hershey's magazine and this recipe was calling out to me. It was also very simple and quick to make. The Heath bits really helped cover up any blemishes.

Regrets: I need to perfect my method of cutting cheesecake. I sort of 'butchered' it and as a result, the pieces are choppy.

Hubbs approval rating: " Yeah, pretty dang good. Really rich and filling."

Heath Bits Cheesecake
Take from Hershey's Christmas magazine

Ingredients
Vanilla wafer crust (recipe follows)
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 container (8 ounces) dairy sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups (8 ounce package) HEATH milk chocolate toffee bits, divided

  1. Prepare VANILLA WAFER crust. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended.
  3. Pour half of cheese mixture into crust. Reserve 1/4 cup of toffee bits for topping; sprinkle remaining toffee bits over cheese mixture in pan. Spoon in remaining cheese mixture.
  4. Bake 1 hour or until filling is set. Cool 15 minutes. Sprinkle reserve toffee bits over top; with knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.

VANILLA WAFER CRUST: Combine 1 3/4 cups of vanilla wafer crust (about 55 wafers, crushed) and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir in 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter or margarine. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9 inch spring form pan. Refrigerate about 30 minutes .

No comments:

Post a Comment