Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Oreo Truffles



I love oreos. I love cream cheese. I love chocolate. So what happens when all three are combined? Pure bliss! I have heard so many positive comments about these delicious little balls of heaven that I had to make them. They were so simple and so fast! Plus the taste...oh my goodness, the taste! These will be added to my favorite's list and utilized whenever a great treat is needed. I love that they are all individual as they trick me into thinking portion control!


I would like to say a huge thank you to my guest chef....my 12 year old sister E! I was so blessed to have her come and stay with me for 3 days for a bake-a-thon! These truffles were her first experience of using almond bark and she caught on quick. She sure had great attention to detail with using both sprinkles and drizzle.


Hub's approval rating: "I can't eat anymore chocolate! My teeth hurt!"

Poor guy, I've filled him so full of sugar his teeth can't take it anymore. So my sister and I were the official taste testers on this one and they were amazing! Just as good as I had imagined!


Oreo Truffles
Taken from All Recipes
Ingredients
1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 (8 ounce) packages chocolate almond bark, melted


  1. Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. ( Cookies can be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)

  2. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. ( I used my stand mixer and it blended very quickly.

  3. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.

  4. Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.)

  5. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment